The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services (MHSADS) is currently seeking highly qualified applicants for the position of Clinician for the Drug Court Program with Loudoun County.
This full-time position is a member of the Behavioral Health Outpatient Program and will provide treatment services to adults participating in the Drug Court program who are on supervised probation and meet classification for substance use dependence. Clinician will provide specialized outpatient treatment services to individuals involved in the Adult Drug Court Program.
- Providing individual, family and group counseling for individuals with mental health, substance abuse and co-occurring disorders
- Conducting clinical assessments and screenings
- Developing and implementing a person centered treatment plan based on individual’s strengths and needs.
- Facilitating intra-agency and interagency coordination
- Working as a member of a multi-disciplinary team to include law enforcement, court officials and staff, treatment providers, psychiatrists, family members and other community service providers
- Crisis intervention and Stabilization
- Maintain all clinical records and documentation according to federal state and agency policies
- Monitoring service delivery
Effective oral and written communication skills, strong organizational abilities, and proficiency in electronic health records and operating software programs is required. Work schedule requires the flexibility to include evening hours. Office locations include the Leesburg and Eastern Loudoun Centers.
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling
- Minimum 1 year related professional experience in the provision of Mental Health and Substance Abuse services.
- Bilingual (Spanish) highly desirable
- Experience and/or background in ASAM (American Society of Addiction Medicine), IMR (Illness Management and Recovery), MRT (Moral Reconation Therapy) and Motivational Interviewing and Stages of Change
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent on successful completion of a criminal background check, driving record check, TB test, credit check, successful completion of DBHDS case management modules, and successful completion of Department orientation and training requirements. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development