Grow your career working in a dynamic, diverse and innovative workplace with Loudoun County's Department of Family Services (DFS)! DFS is currently seeking an enthusiastic candidate to serve as the Employee Development Manager who will work primarily from our Leesburg, Virginia office, but will travel to all DFS locations to lead and promote employee development initiatives.
The Employee Development Manager has a key role in developing our internal workforce, identifying strategies that support the establishment of a trusting and healthy work environment, promoting inclusion and diversity across the agency and strengthening relationships with educational organizations and institutions.
Partnering with the DFS Leadership Teams and reporting to the Department Director, the Employee Development Manager is responsible for creating and implementing training programs, overseeing professional development, setting performance metrics and helping workers create long-term career plans within the organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and partnering with management to implement initiatives, such as effective performance management processes, career development paths, employee communications, recognition programs, management training and social and wellness activities;
- Cultivating engaging employee experiences while developing/implementing operational practices to engage and retain employees;
- Designing, developing, delivering and managing professional development programs/curricula that meet standards and criteria of applicable professional certifications and clinical licenses; manage learning management system data, generate reports to summarize workforce learning activities and to identify professional certifications and clinical licensing;
- Developing and managing a department-wide orientation for new hires, retraining and in-services;
- Conducting and promoting wellness workshops and presentations to ensure professional development for employees, supervisors and direct care staff to meet changing service demands;
- Identifying innovative and creative sourcing strategies for difficult-to-fill or unique positions;
- Leads the development of key initiatives for a performance-based culture that support the Loudoun County/DFS mission and vision;
- Assisting the Department Director with developing a robust leadership development program for managers and supervisors and others in leadership roles.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Public Administration and/or related field
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in related field.
- Experience in Program/Project management, Training & Educational Development and developing and conducting wellness activities desired.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s Degree in human services field, significant knowledge of human services educational field, prior experience developing practicums or supervising undergraduate or graduate students and participation in cultural diversity and inclusion programs.
In the event of an emergency you may be required to work and may be assigned to an alternate worksite to carry out the duties that support the needs of the County’s residents or employees. Unusual working conditions and/or physical requirements: This position may work beyond the normal workweek at the discretion of the Director.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent on the successful results of a criminal background and DMV check.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development