The Loudoun County Department of Family Services is seeking qualified applicants for the Child Protective Services Unit who will promote maximum safety, supervision and support for children and families in situations where there is a report of child abuse or neglect.
CPS Specialists assist families with services to address issues that may place a child at risk of foster care placement, utilizing the full range of in-house and community-based services. We are seeking candidates who will be able to complete Investigations and Family Assessments and/or Ongoing Case Management and who have experience in working with complex family situations where there are multiple stressors.
Child Protective Specialists:
- Complete Assessments/Investigations, provide ongoing services, client referrals, monitor service needs, and coordinate with other agencies
- Make determinations of safety status in cases alleging abuse or neglect of children Schedule and attend required home visits and collateral contacts in order to ensure the safety of the children and family
- Advocate for clients in their efforts to secure services such as public assistance, health insurance, stable housing, daycare, etc.
- Facilitate family team meetings utilizing a collaborative approach
- Participate in staff meetings, in-service trainings, and outside trainings for professional development
- Assist in emergency situations as needed Responsible for ensuring compliance with all agency policies, procedures and local state and Federal regulations Work collaboratively with community partners
- Present professionally
- Engage families to ensure child safety and encourage their participation in services to enhance parenting skills and family functioning
- Complete required documentation in a timely manner, in accordance with state and local policy
- Prepare court reports, affidavits and testify in court
- Work flexible hours to meet with families within specific time-frames
- Manage time efficiently and work independently
- Maintain a balance of objectivity and empathy for families who are in crisis
This vacancy announcement may be used to make selections across the CPS unit.
- Requires a combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or related field
- Minimum 3 years' professional social services experience
- Master's degree preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Valid resident driver's license is required.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Successful candidate will undergo criminal background, child protective services and driving record checks.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development