The Loudoun County Department of Information Technology (DIT) is currently seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to serve as the Project Manager/Coordinator (PM) on a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) replacement project for one of the County’s largest custom applications. This position will require coordination and communication with DIT staff, business partners (internal and external), vendors, County Administration, and the Board of Supervisors. The project management role will include delivering the Electronic Land Management System COTS implementation project within the defined scope, quality, time, and cost constraints, including, but not limited to the functional requirements, technical requirements, use cases, conceptual technical architecture, and other documents provided by Loudoun County staff. This position requires excellent customer service skills; ability to influence business partners and vendors; ability to successfully interact with various levels inside and outside of the County; and the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment. The main focus of the PM will be from a business perspective, but will also involve organization and maintenance of all requirements from a third-party vendor and the DIT team. The successful candidate must develop and manage the project plan and schedule to include maintaining and communicating the project scope, delivery schedule, resource requirements, and integration efforts.
The PM will be responsible for all aspects of IT project management, governance, assessment, and control. He/she will collaborate with the COTS vendor PM, under the guidance of Gartner project management experts, to define requirements, build a project plan and schedule, identify resource needs, and provide transparent clear communication across all levels of the organization.
Key job requirements include:
- Proven ability to manage large scale COTS implementation projects.
- Ability to create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to elicit and define business requirements and translate those into a project plan with full involvement of the project team.
- Monitor, maintain, and report (to project team, County departments and management, and vendors) the project status on a continual basis and for the duration of the project.
- Ensure the project stays on track within defined timelines, deliverables, and budget.
- Provide input on performance against deliverables and manage resource changes over the course of the project.
- Routinely meet with application owners, developers, and analysts, programming code staff, and the like to determine business needs and functionalities desired for new application.
- Experience with planning the course of large complex project(s), including the management of milestones, resource needs in the form of staff hours, budgets, and the use of various technologies and tools.
- Track the course of projects through meetings, conferring with developers and/or vendor personnel, and reviewing reports. Update project plan and schedule as needed. Document changes to scope or functionalities through a defined change management process.
- Assess compliance of development process with accepted methodology and communicate to responsible DIT and other County department management and staff. Document exceptions or deviations as needed. Convene meetings and plan agenda to ensure important issues are communicated and resolved.
- Report on progress of project, use of staff, expenditures, progress on milestones, and the like to application owners.
- Provide guidance to project staff as needed.
Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Information Systems, or related field and at least four years of experience in project management. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is strongly preferred.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
The successful candidate will undergo a criminal background, credit check and DMV driving record check.