Do you want to make a difference in one of the fastest-growing counties in the United States? Can you work as part of a team, with inspiration, vision and creativity? Are you passionate about the role of technology in supporting the mission of local government? Loudoun County, Virginia is an innovative, globally competitive community known for its favorable business environment, exceptional quality of life, and strong sense of community. Located in northern Virginia, approximately 45 minutes northwest of Washington, D.C., Loudoun County is a thriving community of more than 336,000 residents. Loudoun has been one of the fastest growing communities of its size for two decades. The Center for Digital Government has named Loudoun County one of the top five counties with populations of 250,000 to 500,000 in the past four years for its use and management of technology. Loudoun County’s Department of Information Technology is currently seeking a Systems Administrator to join our server team.
This position will:
• serve as a lead engineer in support of the County’s Active Directory, Group Policies and DNS,
• perform technical tasks related to planning, design, maintenance, troubleshooting, issue resolution, additions and upgrades to our system,
• lead the implementation of projects related to the County’s network authentication systems,
• perceive, identify, and recommend solutions to customer-related issues,
• maintain documentation related to system configuration, design, repairs, requests, actions taken and root cause analysis
You must be highly skilled in the Windows Server operating system, especially with architecting Active Directory, managing GPOs, DHCP and DNS in large organizations. You enjoy cloud deployments, and have experience with O365 and ADFS. You are a problem solver who wants to use your considerable skills to help your colleagues and your organization. In short, you want to make a difference. You also have:
• the ability to strategically plan the engineering requirements for AD and associated systems,
• the skills to make recommendations associated with cloud and local system implementations,
• great people skills and know-how to help people solve business problems.
Requires education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s s degree with major coursework in computer ience or related field, and four years of professional experience in information technology,
Windows Server, AWS and/or Azure certifications are strongly preferred. This position will participate in on-call rotation and is subject to recall 24/7 to provide critical system support.
A criminal background and credit check will be conducted on the successful candidate. A DMV driving record will be required.