1053 IS Business Analyst-Senior
Web Accesibility Expert
|Department||General Services Agency|
|Date Opened||7/22/2011 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/12/2013 3:15:00 PM|
|Salary||$38.15 - $48.00/hour; $6,613.00 - $8,320.00/month; $79,352.00 - $99,840.00/year|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
No. of position(s): One (1)
Working Title: Web Accessibility Expert
Work Location: Incumbent will conduct the majority of work at the Department of Technology site located at One South Van Ness; however, there may be situations where the incumbent will be required to work at other sites throughout the City of San Francisco.
Nature of Work: Candidate must be willing to work a 40-hour week as determined by the department. Twenty-four hour on-call on a rotational basis and occasional extra hour work is required. May occasionally require travel within the City.
The Web Accessibility Expert will report to the Web Services Manager under the Media Division. The successful candidate will be supporting the City & County’s Web Architecture in a heterogeneous environment including Microsoft, Sun and IBM components. Duties will include:
· Provide website accessibility services to conduct full website reviews, analysis, remediation and functional testing.
· Website design, development, enhancements, testing, training, documentation, implementation, support in relation to City's website accessibility initiatives.
· Provide user training and technical consultation to Clients and IS/non-IS Professionals in relation to City's website accessibility initiative using Section 508 Standards and W3C Guidelines and website accessibility best practices.
· Implementation and enhancement of web services architecture supporting emerging technologies and tools such as: Content management and Portal technologies.
· Design and develop code in support of new and existing applications using proven methodologies.
· Assess and optimize website designs through review and analysis of user needs to meet the website accessibility needs.
· Website monitoring, capacity planning and web statistics tools maintenance.
· Perform system testing with users and implement fully tested programs.
· Design, compile and generate reports, and presentations as needed.
· Update user and system manuals and/or procedures.
· Prepare documentation for new subsystems and maintain standards and metadata.
· Resolve and troubleshoots technical problems.
· Identify opportunities for operational improvements in existing systems.
· On-call on as-needed basis in off-hour emergencies.
· Cost analysis, mentoring, and other duties as requested.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: This position requires a Bachelor's degree from a recognized college or university, preferably in computer science or related field. Three (3) to four (4) years of web architecture and development experience with website accessibilty practices. Experience must include senior level (2 to 3 years) web-enabled applications development experience and web content management experience.
The position may require sufficient physical strength and coordination for lifting, pushing, pulling and/or carrying the weight of computer systems equipment. The position may also require the following: bending, stooping and/or crawling in order to install or repair computer systems hardware, hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity for taking apart casings, installing parts and reconnecting computer systems hardware. Depending on location the incumbent may be exposed to or affected by extensive VDT exposure.
Additional Desirable Skills and/or experience:
· Experience with website accessibility assessments, implementation services, and technical guidance to organizations meet federal requirements and other institutional mandates for accessibility.
· Experience implementing accessible websites based on Section 508 Standards and W3C Guidelines.
· NT/Win2k/Win2K3 and IIS administration experience.
· Experience implementing Content Management and Portal solutions such as Team Site, Ektron, Vignette or Plumtree.
· Experience with hands-on coding in ASP.NET (preferred) OR J2EE, SOAP, XML, Web Services.
· Experience with data modeling and relational databases such as MS SQL Server or Oracle.
· Experience with graphic design tools such as Photoshop or Fireworks is a plus
· Familiarity with WANs, firewalls, DMZs, routers, switches, TCP/IP and other networking concepts.
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written; intense client service orientation.
· Proven track record implementing and managing web solutions.
· Proven ability to analyze problems and recommend application of technology to resolve these problems.
· Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project.
How To Apply
Applications for this City and County of San Francisco position will be accepted through an online process only. Mailed, hand delivered or faxed applications will not be accepted.
Visit http://www.jobaps.com/sf to begin the application process.
- Click and select 1053 IS Business Analyst Senior (TEX-1053-057931)
- Click on “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Click on “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or on “I have REGISTERED PREVIOUSLY”
- Follow instructions given on the screen.
Upon successful submittal of the application online, you will receive a notification on the screen, as well as an e-mail, acknowledging the receipt of your application materials.
Computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco. CA 94103. The hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Applications will be screened for relevant qualifying experience. Additional screening mechanisms may be implemented in order to determine candidates’ qualifications. Only those applicants who most closely meet the needs of the Agency will be invited to participate in the selection process. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement to the interview.
Verification of Experience/Education: Verification of experience/education may be required at a later date. If verification is required, failure to provide it may result in disqualification from the selection process. Applicants who possess a degree that is from a foreign and/or non-accredited college or university may be required to provide an equivalency certification of the degree.
The application procedure is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this recruitment, contact Jacqueline Sanders (415) 581-3945, or in writing at Jacque.Sanders@sfgov.org. Notification in advance will enable the department and County to evaluate arrangements to reasonably accommodate your need.
THE CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
MINORITIES, WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically a 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.