The position is a member of the City of Charlotte’s Innovation & Technology (I&T) department and Enterprise Applications Division. The ERP Transformation Manager (Application Development Support Manager) will facilitate successful ERP transformation delivery and support the process owners and other business stakeholders throughout the project plan and post-implementation. The Transformation Manager must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain adequate and appropriate working relationships with internal customers, peers, and managers. Customer engagement and the development of team members are core responsibilities of this position, along with skills in the intake and prioritization of work in a dynamic environment. The division promotes agile methodologies and fostering accountability.
Responsible for leading individual contributors and teams in implementing, operating, and maintaining the City’s ERP Application and its accompanying integrations. The ERP Transformation includes Finance, Budget, Procurement, and Human Capital Management, resulting in the need for collaboration with multiple business functions across the organization. The manager will actively and continually identify areas of opportunity within the city to implement processes to improve its performance. The position includes two direct reports, including the I&T Finance and Procurement and I&T HCM Managers. Responsible for managing the budget portfolio for applications, full-time personnel, and contractors. Additional responsibilities include architectural design, application security, vendor coordination, and project management.
The City of Charlotte is the largest municipality in North Carolina and the 17th largest city in the United States, with a total population of more than 872,498 citizens. A major commerce center, Charlotte hosts several of the nation’s largest banks and technology companies.
Also known as the Queen City, Charlotte is home to the Carolina Panthers, the Charlotte Hornets and the NASCAR Hall of Fame. We work hard to ensure that the community will be a winning city for everyone – a truly remarkable place to live, work, learn and play. Join us in helping to keep our City thriving, ensuring upward mobility and advancement in the workplace.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the work of assigned functional and technical personnel, including setting and reviewing work, providing guidance, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Overseeing functional and technical documentation
- Provide leadership in analyzing, designing, developing, updating, and maintaining major critical enterprise and custom-built systems and interfaces.
- Expert facilitator of ERP-related projects to increase system efficiencies, improve end-user productivity and eliminate system issues.
- Coordinate customer and executive management interaction to advise and plan solutions that meet operational and strategic business needs.
- Manage the section’s technology budget across the entire budget cycle, including entering budget requests, managing shortfalls, managing vendor/reseller relationships, and acquiring technology products and services.
- Manage applications services and operational support, including incident management, service requests, updates, and upgrades.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information and professional boundaries
- Demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills
- Coach and mentor team resources and handle organizational change
- Handle escalations of issues to the satisfaction of business stakeholders
- Perform related work as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to influence and execute organizational and mindset changes
- Using problem-solving/critical thinking skills and independent thinking to overcome challenges
- Self-driven work approach with innovative thinking
- Understand integration platforms and typical design architectures.
- Agile development lifecycle methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
- Information Systems management and lifecycle
- Understanding of application infrastructure technologies and supporting technologies such as networks, servers, and cybersecurity
- Business Process Management
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Application Lifecycle Management, and IT Service Management (ITSM) processes
- Technical project management
- Jira Software and Jira-road mapping tools
- Excellent vendor management skills
- ERP Application Experience, such as Workday
- Scrum Master (CSM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in technology-related projects, including prior supervisory experience
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to perform the essential job functions
Conditions of Employment
The City’s Background Check Policy requires background checks to be conducted on final internal or external candidate(s) applying for any position with the City of Charlotte. The type of information that will be collected as part of a background check includes, but is not limited to: reference checks, social security verification, education verification, criminal conviction record check, and, if applicable, a credit history check, sex offender registry and motor vehicle records check.
Background checks must be in compliance with all federal and state statutes, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The checks must be consistent with the guidelines set forth by these laws requiring organizations to obtain a candidate’s written authorization before obtaining a criminal background report, motor vehicle records check or credit report; and to properly store and dispose of information derived from such reports.
Final candidates must pass a pre-employment drug-screening test and physical examination. During the selection process, candidates may be asked to take a skills test, and/or participate in other assessments.
The City of Charlotte requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for any new City of Charlotte employees. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, will consider reasonable accommodations as required by law.
The City of Charlotte is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job.
Anyone seeking an accommodation to apply for a job may call (704) 336-2285 for assistance or you may email questions to CityHrJobPostingsNotify@ci.charlotte.nc.us.
The City of Charlotte provides a comprehensive benefits package to all employees.
Click here to learn more about the City of Charlotte’s benefits.
The City of Charlotte is a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
If you have technical issues submitting your application, click here.